Friday, August 15, 2008

OJ

One of the things that we are having to give up these days is Diet Coke. It's just getting too expensive to buy! A 12-pack at Randall's (here in Austin) was priced at $5.99 this week. Ridiculous!

So we have been switching to 2-liter bottles of soda, sometimes getting Diet Coke, but more often getting some generic cola or version of Diet Dr. Pepper. We have also branched out into flavored instant teas, regular brewed tea, and even (gasp!) water.

I've been trying out some of the other flavors that Crystal Light, Wyler's, and the various house brands have to offer. Big Kid Cousin introduced me to Target's brand of raspberry tea. I think I will introduce her to Wyler's Light Sunsplash Orange.

I have been unable to drink orange juice for soooooooo long now because of the carbohydrates that it contains. Imagine my surprise when I dragged the Wyler's can out of the pantry and forced myself to mix up a batch, thinking that it was just going to be some orange-colored drink, and found that it tasted enough like orange juice to fool my taste buds. I was not only surprised but thrilled to have the taste of OJ back in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you should taste Cyrstle Light orange strawberry. It is great too, but a bit more expense also. I try it every once in awhile. The Kroger brand lite peach tea is also very good,

Moolady

cwr said...

Orange strawberry sounds just weird enough to taste good. I'll have to try it. :)