Friday, November 14, 2008

Frog Eyes



Rhonda Schaefer of Victoria (Texas, where else????) didn't win last year's contest for holiday recipes, but she got a picture of her appetizer in HEB's holiday food thingie (My HEB Goodness, Holiday 2007) and her recipe on their web site. Sadly, I saved the picture but never went to get the recipe from the web. Sorry, Rhonda!!!!

Still, the frog eyes look yummy. As I look at the picture, what I think that I am seeing is something like thin sliced ham, spread with cream cheese, rolled around asparagus, and then sliced for spiral wraps. If that is not what Rhonda Schaefer intended, oopsie and so-sorry and I'm-sticking-with-my-interpretation.

Indeed, I'm planning a practice run to see how this will work for an upcoming par-tay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Kid Cousin had them at the party and they were great. I guess you could make the recipe with many kinds of veggies in the middle and maybe use turkey or chicken to use as the wrap.