Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cucumber snack

My Prince and I just returned from another adventure in Grocery Land. We were both well and truly tired out by the experience. As dutiful as we were in eating a bit (leftover cole slaw stir fry) before we went to the store (so as not to be piggish in our purchases), we were still ever so slightly ravenous when we got home.

My solution: fresh sliced cucumbers and cream cheese. I gave My Prince a small bowl of cucumber slices, a glob of cream cheese, a knife, and left him to it. Then I made my own bowl of goodness. Mmmm, real goodness. This is one of my favorite snacks. And low carb?

1 c. sliced cucumber with peel = 1.66 grams ECC
100 g, cream cheese = 2.66 grams

The problem is, of course, how much did we eat? Can't really say, but way less than that. Nice crunch, good chewing, excellent flavor, satisfying snack for less than 5 grams of carbs? I'm happy.

No comments: