Friday, June 18, 2010

Got the food blahs

Sometimes food just doesn't interest me.  Eating it, that is.  Or cooking it.  Or storing it.  Or buying it.  As a topic, it never fails.  I haven't found anything interesting enough to blog about in my morning readings, but I certainly found some interesting things to read about.  Like asparagus.  I started with an article about some food movies, watched a 6 minute documentary on asparagus, wandered over to Wikipedia to read more about asparagus, and gave some thought about how to work 12 stalks of asparagus a day into My Prince's diet. (Hint:  not gonna happen.)

*In a salute to George Orwell, I see that Huffington Post has simply disappeared someone's list of favorite food films, so I can't provide link. Who knew that it would all vanish while I was still thinking about the topic?*  *hmph*

Still, today is just one of those days.  I'm not hungry so there is no drive to cook or eat.  Even if I were hungry, I don't think I'd be much interested in cooking.  There is just no inspiration today.  I need to go to the warehouse store, since we are running out of some essentials that are better purchased in bulk and at discount.  I can also get some nuts for snacking there, which is usually my "reward" for going.  Not even that can pull me out of my doldrums.

What does this mean?  Company is coming tonight, and I don't know what to cook.  It must be time for Mystery Casserole!

No comments: