Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spinach Hodgepodge Follow-up

LOL!  I was curious to see how my "hodgepodge" recipe stood up against others and did a Google search on the ingredients:  spinach "yellow squash" tomatoHere are the results.  They seem to cluster in the realms of curry (serve with rice) and pasta sauce (serve with pasta) and involve lots of seasoning and/or cream.  Since most of my seasoning came from the pre-seasoned canned tomatoes, perhaps I should try some unseasoned ones and then have some fun with my spice rack.  Unfortunately, I'm out of both spinach and yellow squash, so I'll just have to throw something else together to keep playing with my food.

As for my original "recipe," I'm happy to report that it's even better as a leftover.

2 comments:

Spice Rack said...

Foods with spices is good for your health cause many spices had a chemical compound which help reduce the chances of cell damage and other problems related to serious health conditions and diseases. Its nice to know that you prefer to use the spices on your spice rack than pack seasonings.

cwr said...

LOL, Spice Rack. I didn't know those things could talk (or rather write).

I'm still learning my way around my spice rack, but it's one I've developed myself, not a complete unit of preselected and stored for who knows how long jars of herbs and spices.

Nice try.