Friday, January 2, 2009

Fennel ideas

I'm still working out how to work with fennel. In the course of my reading, I ran across this list of serving ideas from the World's Healthiest Foods site:

  • Healthy sautéed fennel and onions make a wonderful side dish.
  • Combine sliced fennel with avocados, and oranges for a delightful salad.
  • Braised fennel is a wonderful complement to scallops.
  • Next time you are looking for a new way to adorn your sandwiches, consider adding sliced fennel in addition to the traditional toppings of lettuce and tomato.
  • Top thinly sliced fennel with plain yogurt and mint leaves.
  • Fennel is a match made in Heaven when served with salmon.
I have everything on hand except the plain yogurt and fresh mint. I have to break down and try something, don't I?

No comments: