Monday, January 12, 2009

Food to get expensiver?

Yep, I know "expensiver" is not a real word--and poor grammar to boot--but it seems to fit the situation right now: Food prices are unreal and nudging us toward poor nutrition to boot. So, I'm so not happy to find, in the course of my dinking around on the interwebs, this prediction that food prices will continue to increase in 2009. Seems the high cost of some commodities cut into corporate profits last year, so, now that commodities prices have fallen, food prices will continue to rise so that those "lost" profits will be "recovered" by food corporations. Restaurants are following the same principle, so we can expect more increases there too.

Wanna bet that My Prince and I will dine out even less in 2009? Portion control takes on a whole new meaning in this context, doesn't it?

No comments: