Friday, January 30, 2009

Food Politics

My morning reading takes me through a regular series of web sites and blogs that provide me with news on subjects that interest me. Recently, I found another blog taking up the matter of the recent salmonella outbreak, and I read through the article with some interest to see someone else's take on the issue. One commenter pointed readers to this "interesting website."

I was disappointed when I did a quick check of Marion Nestle's take on diabetes (it's caused by being fat), but was quickly impressed by the breadth of her writings on food and policy and politics, impressed enough to think that I will take a second look. I guess we all have our axes to grind and blind spots in our understanding of how things work. So I'll be impressed but skeptical while I see what she has to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your back to being a Foodie

Big Kid Cousin

cwr said...

Thanks! I'm glad to be back. It's still a challenge to find time to post, but I'm hoping I can keep up with at least one post a day. It's not like we don't talk about food all day long around here. ;)